Gridley Drive Thru Flu Shot Clinic
- Date: 10/17/2018 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
Coffey County Health Department will bill Medicare, KanCare and private insurance for the influenza shot. THE INSURANCE CARD MUST BE PRESENTED AT THE INFLUENZA CLINIC for the Insurance Companies to be accurately billed.
Consent forms for the influenza vaccine can be obtained online at this web address:
- www.coffeycountyks.org click on Health Department then click on Consent Form.
Vaccine Information Sheets (VIS) for the vaccines will be available at the Vaccination Clinic or can be viewed at the following web addresses:
The cost of the Influenza Vaccine is as follows:
- $30 for injection – 6 months to 35 months – preservative free
- $30 for injection – 6 months and older
- $60 High Dose – Only available for 65 years and older
Preservative Free Vaccine will be offered for the following groups:
- 6 months to 18 years
- Pregnant women
Influenza viruses are always changing, so each year a new seasonal influenza vaccine is formulated. The influenza viruses used in creating the seasonal vaccines are chosen each year based on information collected over the previous year circulating influenza viruses. Scientist formulate the vaccine to provide the best protection against the circulating influenza viruses. This year’s seasonal influenza vaccine contains the following influenza strains:
- Quadrivalent (4 Viruses) formulation: 1 H1N1, 1 H3N2 and 2 B Strains
The following target groups should receive the influenza vaccine:
- The following medical conditions that put people at a higher risk for getting influenza:
- Chronic lung disease (such as COPD, cystic fibrosis), Heart disease
- All people six (6) months of age and older.
- Persons who live with or provide care for infants less than 6 months of age, including parents, siblings, and daycare workers
- Close contacts (parents, siblings, grandparents, cousins etc.) of people with medical conditions at a higher risk for getting influenza.
It takes about 2 weeks after vaccination for antibodies to provide protection against Influenza Virus infection.