Election Information

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


********2017 General Election Results  *******

Rules concerning Voter Registration applications submitted without Proof of Citizenship

This notice covers persons who have applied to register to vote and have not yet provided proof of citizenship. Due to recent court rulings, if you have applied to register to vote at a Kansas Division of Motor Vehicles office or if you have applied to register to vote using the "Federal Form" voter registration application (as opposed to the standard "State Form") and have not yet provided proof of citizenship, you are registered to vote for the November 8, 2016, general election. Your name will appear on the poll book for your voting location and you will be given a standard ballot. There is nothing further you need to provide subject only to further official notice.

If you have questions concerning your eligibility or this notice you may contact your local county election officer Angie Kirchner at (620) 364-2191 or the Secretary of State's Office at 800-262-8683.

Sample Ballot

Voter Registration

Advanced Voting

In Person Advance Voting Location and Hours

Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Coffey County Clerk/Election Office
110 S. 6th St., Room 202
Burlington, KS 66839

By Mail Advance Voting

  • Complete the advance voting application and mail it to 110 S. 6th St., Room 202, Burlington, KS 66839 or fax it to (620) 364-8975.
  • You may have your ballot mailed to you starting 20 days before the election.
  • You may vote in person in the county election office 14 days before the election.
  • All ballots must be received in the county election office by the close of polls (7:00 p.m.) on Election Day.
  • Special needs voters may receive assistance in applying for and casting advance voting ballots.
  • Special needs voters also qualify for permanent status so that a ballot is automatically mailed to them without having to reapply for each election.

Voting on Election Day

Polls are open from 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.

Federal Services Voting

Federal services voting is available for military personnel and their dependents as well as civilians and their dependents living abroad. A voter must qualify according to the criteria to vote with a federal services ballot. Federal Post Card Applications must be submitted to the Kansas county election officer where the voter is registered or resides.

It is important to note that federal services voting is not the same as advance voting. Registered voters who do not qualify to vote a federal services absentee ballot may apply for an advance ballot in the county where they are registered.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player QuickTime Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer