If you have questions concerning Elections, Voter Registrations or Voting, you may contact your local county election officer Angie Kirchner at (620) 364-2191 or the Secretary of State's Office at 800-262-8683.
In Person Advance Voting Location and Hours
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Coffey County Clerk/Election Office
110 S. 6th St., Room 202
Burlington, KS 66839
By Mail Advance Voting
- Complete the advance voting application and mail it to 110 S. 6th St., Room 202, Burlington, KS 66839 or fax it to (620) 364-8975.
- You may have your ballot mailed to you starting 20 days before the election.
- You may vote in person in the county election office 14 days before the election.
- All ballots must be received in the county election office by the close of polls (7:00 p.m.) on Election Day.
- Special needs voters may receive assistance in applying for and casting advance voting ballots.
- Special needs voters also qualify for permanent status so that a ballot is automatically mailed to them without having to reapply for each election.
Voting on Election Day
Polls are open from 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Federal Services Voting
Federal services voting is available for military personnel and their dependents as well as civilians and their dependents living abroad. A voter must qualify according to the criteria to vote with a federal services ballot. Federal Post Card Applications must be submitted to the Kansas county election officer where the voter is registered or resides.
It is important to note that federal services voting is not the same as advance voting. Registered voters who do not qualify to vote a federal services absentee ballot may apply for an advance ballot in the county where they are registered.