Coffey County is an ideal location for business start-ups and/or relocations. Our central location can add as much as 5 hours communication time per weekday and allow you to ship materials and goods or travel to either coast, easily and economically.
Coffey County includes the cities of Burlington (the county seat), Gridley, Lebo, LeRoy, New Strawn, and Waverly. Cooperative government working together with business, civic leaders, local, state and regional economic development organizations, enhances Coffey County Economic Development as a resource providing assisting to new and existing businesses.
- Sales tax rate in Coffey County is 6.5%
- Sales tax rate inside the city limits of Burlington is 8.5%
- Sales tax rate inside the city limits of Lebo is 7.5%
- Sales tax rate inside the city limits of LeRoy is 7.5%
- 2015 county per capita income is $29,044
- 2015 county median household income is $56,274
- 19.8% of county population is 65 and over
- 58% of county population is between 18 to 64
- Traffic counts on US Hwy 75 through Burlington exceed 6,000 vehicles per day
- Traffic counts at I-35 & US Hwy 75 Junction exceed 12,000 vehicles per day
Quality of Life Advantages:
- Excellent school systems
- Excellent health care facilities with clinics in each community
- Countywide library system with libraries in each community
- Recreation facilities include recreation center, indoor and outdoor pools, ball fields, and city parks
- Lakes offering excellent fishing and other recreational activities
- Wolf Creek Environmental Education Area offers an outdoor learning site with trails for area students
- Many annual events to enjoy like: Burlington's Wild Blue BBQ, Coffey County Fair, Taste of Fall and Christmas Craft Festival; Gridley and Lebo's 4th of July Celebrations; LeRoy's Homecoming; New Strawn's Strawnfest and Childrens Fishing Derby and Waverly's Ohio Days; etc.
- Coffey County Museum draws tour buses and visitors from the Midwest Region
- Coffey County Airport offers 5,500 ft x 75 ft concrete surfaced runways along with many more amenities.
For more information on Coffey County, please contact our office at (620) 364-8780.
||Coffey County||City of Burlington|
|Police Department||7 Full Time|
|Sheriff Patrol||13 Full Time|
|Fire Department||157 Volunteer|
|Fire Insurance Rating||5/9||5|