Environmental Health Department Services
Protecting the Health and Well being of the Public by ensuring the integrity of clean drinking water, neighborhood cleanliness, and private wastewater treatment regulation.
- Nuisance Abatement: Failing wastewater systems, vectors, solid waste, information on dead animal removal, abandoned & unsafe buildings
- Private Wastewater Facilities
- Siting Protocol
- Soil Profiles for System Determination
- Construction Standards Inspection
- Wastewater System Permitting
- Mortgage/Refinancing Inspection
- Equipment Inspection and Licensing of Septage Haulers
- Housing Lead Assessment
- Radon Testing
- Enforcement of Local Environmental Protection Program
Our office refers food service complaints to Kansas Food & Drug Office at KDHE.
Private water well screenings include bacteria (E.coli, total coliform - P/A), nitrate, iron, manganese, hardness, total dissolved solids, conductivity, copper, sulfate, chloride, total chlorine, lead, and others upon request.
Information on food sanitation/service, lyme disease, carbon monoxide, lead, water treatment devices, public water supply water analysis reports & facility KDHE inspection reports, public wastewater system KDHE inspection reports, and a wealth of other environmental information is available at the office.