The County Engineer is responsible for the management of county-funded infrastructure that use county funds and for protecting the county's interest in road safety, right-of-way, and drainage issues.
In doing this, he provides engineering, surveying, drafting, construction specifications, plan review and development, and construction inspections related to county road, bridge, and drainage projects.
Tasks by a Licensed Engineer or under direct supervision:
- Establish standards for improvement projects such as bridges, culverts, and roads
- Roadway and crossroad culvert design
- Bridge design for county crew construction
- Size crossroad culverts and bridges
- Bridge inspection and load ratings
- Compute drainage areas and runoff rates
- Drainage and flooding studies
Road and bridge construction:
- Prepare state & federal permit applications
- Prepare construction specifications
- Construction inspections
Wayne Blackbourn P.E. & L.S.
Department Head - County Engineer
County Engineer's Office
1510 S. 6th St.
Burlington, KS 66839
Telephone: (620) 364-2441 or 866-937-2897
Fax: (620) 364-8271
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.