Coffey County
Home Email Coffey County

County Clerk

Voter Information
Frequently Asked Questions
Hunting & Fishing
Miscellaneous Documents

Coffey County Clerk

Angie Kirchner

My name is Angie Kirchner, Coffey County Clerk/Election Officer. Thank you for visiting the Coffey County Clerk's webpage. My hope is to answer questions you may have about the services provided by the Clerk's Office and the role of the County Clerk/Election Officer. If you have further questions regarding our services, I encourage you to contact our office at the following:

Coffey County Clerk
110 S. 6th Street
Burlington, Kansas 66839
(620) 364-2191

The County Clerk is the Official Secretary of the County and of the
Board of County Commissioners.


  • The County Clerk signs the records of proceedings and attests the same with the seal of the county
  • Combine all valuations for each tax district and certify values to each tax district, the state, and set and certify the mill levy for all county tax districts
  • Assist with preparation of township, cemetery budgets and annual reports
  • Audit all budgets and file with the state
  • Compute all tax levies and prepare levy sheets
  • Prepare real estate, personal property and state assessed tax roll and certify to County Treasurer
  • Prepare added and abated taxes to original tax statement/tax roll
  • Prepare Homestead and Food Sales Tax returns
  • Issue moving permits
  • Maintain tax unit maps of the county
  • Balance and certify distribution of motor vehicle taxes to County Treasurer
  • Accumulate and file a bonded indebtedness report of all county tax entities
  • Administer oaths of public offices


Clerk to County Commissioners

  • Retains the County Commissioners' official records

Budgetary Accounting/Payroll

  • Process accounts payable for all county departments
  • Process county payroll
  • Process daily statements from the County Treasurers Office
  • Maintain duplicate check registers and reconcile bank statements
  • Budget preparation
  • Prepare all necessary reports


  • Maintain personnel files
  • Prepare ads for vacant positions
  • Distribute and collect applications for all county vacancies
  • Maintain copy of current county policy and job description and name

Wildlife & Parks

  • Issue fish & game licenses, large game permits, stamps, park permits and boat registration

Forms Available

  • Election forms
  • Homestead Tax forms
  • Kansas tax returns
  • Townships and cemetery reports
  • Moving permits for buildings
  • Senior citizens sportsman cards
  • Cereal malt beverage license applications


  • Voter registration site
  • Maintain registration database
  • Verify registration validity
  • Generate registration list and reports
  • Accept filings for public office
  • Prepare newspaper publications for elections
  • Assist with selection of election board workers
  • Prepare ballots
  • Provide advanced voting for voters
  • Prepare results and provisional ballots for County Board of Canvassers
  • Certify election results to the public and Secretary of State
  • Prepare Certificate of Nomination and Certificate of Election forms
  • Record all election results in permanent record

"To protect and promote public trust and confidence by supporting the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of Kansas and to deliver quality professional services."

Top of page    Back

About Our Community County Attractions Community Calendar Community Profiles County Services Economic Development
Education Health Care Libraries Appointive Boards Housing Authority Public Safety

For More Information Contact:
Coffey County Courthouse
110 S. 6th Street
Burlington, Kansas 66839-1798
Phone: (620) 364-2191

Maintained by: Coffey County Technology Committee

Note: Every effort is made to insure the information provided on these pages is timely and correct.
However, users should keep in mind that this information is provided only as a public convenience.
In any case, where legal reliance on information is required, the official records of Coffey County
should be consulted.