Burn Ban Information

Burn Permits

  • Burn permits can be obtained from any of the Coffey County Fire District's fire stations, city halls, Coffey County Libraries, or County Clerk's office. 
  • Burn permits shall not expire. So long as the information in the permit remains current (even though burn permit books says Permit Valid 4-year calendar year or the 1-year calendar year).
  • Permits should be forwarded to the Fire District as soon as possible after they are issued. Permits can be scanned and emailed, faxed to 620-364-3108, or mailed to:
    Coffey County Fire District Number 1 Office
    113 N 5th Street
    Burlington, KS 66839
  • The burn permit has a unique number that will be used when calling in a control burn to Coffey County Dispatch at 620-364-2123.
  • Please call the Coffey County Fire District Office when needing more burn permit books.

Burning Pasture Photo by Elizabeth Scott

Burning Pasture