Environmental Health Department Services
Protecting the Health and Well being of the Public by ensuring the integrity of clean drinking water, neighborhood cleanliness, and private wastewater treatment regulation.
- Nuisance Abatement: Failing wastewater systems, vectors, solid waste, information on dead animal removal, abandoned and unsafe buildings
Approved Coffey County Sanitary Code
Read through the Approved Coffey County Sanitary Code (PDF).
- Enforcement of Local Environmental Protection Program
- Equipment Inspection and Licensing of Septage Haulers
- Housing Lead Assessment
- Private Wastewater Facilities
- Construction Standards Inspection
- Mortgage/Refinancing Inspection
- Siting Protocol
- Soil Profiles for System Determination
- Wastewater System Permitting
- Radon Testing
Our office refers food service complaints to Kansas Food and Drug Office at the Kansas Department of Ag Food Safety and Lodging Division.
Private water well screenings include bacteria (E.coli, total coliform - P/A), nitrate, iron, manganese, hardness, total dissolved solids, conductivity, copper, sulfate, chloride, total chlorine, lead, and others upon request.
Information on food sanitation/service, Lyme disease, carbon monoxide, lead, water treatment devices, public water supply water analysis reports and facility KDHE inspection reports, public wastewater system KDHE inspection reports, and a wealth of other environmental information is available at the office.