- 9 am
- Every Monday of each month
- Commission Chambers
Basement Meeting Rooms
Coffey County Courthouse
110 S 6th Street
Burlington, KS 66839
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Coffey County Board of Commissioners is a five-person elected body that has overall responsibility for county government, setting policy and performing executive and legislative functions. The County is partitioned into five separate districts of nearly equal population, based upon census numbers. One Member is elected from each district. County Commissioners must be qualified electors of the County and must reside in the district from which they are elected throughout their term in office. Commissioners serve four year terms, with three of the five commissioners being elected in the same year, and the other two commissioners elected two years later. Commission terms begin the second Monday in January after the election.
The Commission strives to strengthen and preserve the health, safety, and welfare of the public. It has exclusive powers to enact, amend, and repeal public policies, to levy and apportion taxes, make appropriations, adopt budgets, and to appoint certain offices and boards.
It is the mission of Coffey County Government to cost-effectively provide mandatory and discretionary services in a manner to meet the needs of Coffey County citizens with respect and integrity as follows:
- Provide a standard of excellence in service
- Promote and encourage a professional, responsive, direct, and courteous business atmosphere when dealing with the public and fellow employees
- Conduct business in a courteous, timely and efficient manner
- Provide a safe secure workplace for employees and the public to conduct business
- Provide the highest standard of fiduciary and professional care
- Comply strictly and fairly with the laws of the state of Kansas
To Contact the Board
Contact Coffey County Clerk's Office.
Policy & Procedures Manual
Review the current edition of the Policy and Procedure Manual (PDF) for Coffey County employees.
Since the revision dated August 1, 2017, some sections have required amendments. These Policy and Procedure Manual Amendments (PDF) have been incorporated into the current Policy and Procedure Manual.