Billing & Collection of Real Estate, Personal Property, 16-20 M Trucks, Oil & Gas, and Utility Taxes
Statements for real estate, personal property, 16-20 M trucks, oil and gas, and utility tax are mailed in early November.
Real Estate & Utility Tax
- Full or half tax due December 20. If the first half is not paid on or before December 20, interest will be added.
- Second half due May 10.
- Real estate and utility tax unpaid August 1 will be advertised in the official newspaper and $16.00 advertising fee added.
- If unpaid on first Tuesday in September, the tax becomes a lien against the property.
Personal Property Tax, 16-20 M Trucks, and Oil & Gas Tax
- Full or half tax due December 20. If the first half is not paid on or before December 20, the full amount becomes due with interest. If unpaid after January 1 and on or before March 6, it shall become a warrant for collection by the Coffey County Sheriff.
- Second half tax due May 10, and thereafter, if unpaid will draw interest. If second half is delinquent on June 14, it shall become a warrant for collection by the Coffey County Sheriff.
- All personal property, 16 and 20 M trucks, and oil and gas tax remaining unpaid on October 1, will be advertised and a $16.00 advertising fee added. The tax, interest, and all fees will be entered in District Court as a judgment, and shall become a lien upon real estate owned by the delinquent taxpayer.