Flight Training Scholarships

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The Coffey County Commission, the Airport Board, and the Economic Development Department are sponsoring the 21st year of our Flight Training Scholarship Program.

Wanting to fly at Coffey County AirportScholarships are available to one student from each school district in Coffey County and who are currently juniors. The student should be interested in aviation, be in good general health, have good eyesight, and be able to pay 20% or $1,110 of the training to obtain their pilots license. The scholarship covers the remaining 80% of the cost or $4,440.

Interested students need to return their applications to their school counselor, who will in turn recommend one student per district to participate in the program.

Coffey County Economic Development must receive the selected students’ application by April 6, 2020. If all program requirements are completed, the student will be a licensed pilot at the end of the program and be further ahead of other students either continuing flight training or entering the armed forces.

Scholarship recipients will receive a proclamation certificate from the Coffey County Commission at a reception in the courthouse lobby on April 27, 2020, at 8:30 a.m. If you have questions about the flight training scholarship program, please call at (620) 364-8780.

2020 Flight Training Scholarship Documents

 * Photo by Greg Yotz

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer