Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Coffey County is a zoned county. Zoning is to promote the public health, safety, morals, comfort, and general welfare.

Zoning Map

We have zoning and subdivision regulations. The Zoning and Subdivision regulations are on file with the Zoning and Subdivision Administrator at the Highway Department, 1510 S. 6th St., Burlington, KS 66839.

Zoning Regulations

Subdivision Regulations

Zoning permits are required.  Zoning Permit and Instructions

The Planning Board meets once a month on the 3rd Wednesday in the courthouse.

Coffey County has a Sanitation Officer and Sanitary Code. For information, contact the County Health Department at (620) 364-8631

Contact Information

Heidi Harris, Zoning & Subdivision Administrator
Highway Department
County Engineer's Office
1510 S. 6th St.
Burlington, KS 66839

Telephone: (620) 364-2441 or (866) 937-2897

Fax: (620) 364-8271


Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer