The mission of the Coffey County Sheriff's Office, in partnership with the Community and other public agencies, is to improve the quality of life by reducing the fear and incidence of crime, to recognize and resolve problems, and to fulfill the public safety needs of the citizens of Coffey County.
We recognize the Badge of our Office as a symbol of Public Faith and We accept it as a Public Trust to be held so long as We are true to the Ethics of Police Service.
We shall constantly strive to achieve these objectives and ideals, dedicating Ourselves before God to our county and our chosen profession, Law Enforcement.
Sheriff's Office Values
- The Sheriff's Office will involve the communities and the people of the county in all policing activities that directly affect the quality of life.
- The Sheriff's Office will maintain crime prevention as its primary goal, while vigorously pursuing those who commit crimes.
- The Sheriff's Office will ensure that its policing strategies will preserve and advance democratic values.
- The Sheriff's Office will structure service delivery in a manner as to reinforce the strengths of the county, communities, and rural areas.
- The Sheriff's Office will encourage public input regarding the development of policies that directly affect the quality of life in Coffey County.
- The Sheriff's Office will manage its resources carefully and effectively.
- The Sheriff's Office will seek the input of employees into matters that affect job satisfaction and effectiveness.
- The Sheriff's Office will maintain the highest levels of integrity and professionalism in all its members and its activities.
- The Sheriff's Office will seek to provide stability, continuity, and consistency in all departmental operations.